Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gratis Means Free

No, this is not a random image from google, it is my food



Often people have an idea that church is a place filled with demands. At first they invite you in with both hands wide open, but after you joined them, they somehow started to squeeze you so tight it sucks the life out of you. First they demand your time, then they demand your money, if you fail to provide, they judge you. They say you are not good enough, they say something is wrong with you. You cannot serve, you do not love God and so on.


But I would love to remind you gentlemen, for it is not the object of this gospel I am preaching to ask anything of you. I want to tell you that salvation is all of grace, which means free, gratis, for nothing.


A minister once called on a poor woman intending to help her, for he knew she was very poor. With his money in hand, he knocked at the door but she did not answer. He concluded that she wasn't home and went away. A little later he met her at church and told her that he had remembered her need: "I called at your house and knocked several times. I supposed you were not at home because there was no answer." "At what hour did you call sir?" "It was about noon." "Oh dear", she said, "I heard you but I am sorry I did not answer, I thought it was the man calling for rent." Many poor people would know what this means.


Now it is my desire to be heard and I want to tell you that I am not calling for rent.


No I do not come to make a demand on you but to bring you something. We are not going to talk about law and duty and punishment, but about love and goodness and forgiveness and mercy and eternal life. Do not, therefore, act as if you were not at home. I am asking nothing of you in the name of God or man. It is not my intent to make any requirement at your hands. I come in God's name to bring you a free gift which will be your present and eternal joy to receive.


Open the door and let my pleadings enter. "Come now, and let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18). Do not refuse the Lord Jesus who knocks at your door, for He knocks with a hand which was nailed to the tree for such as you are. It may be that hour has come for you to enter that new life which is the beginning of heaven. "Faith cometh by hearing" (Romans 10:17) and reading is a type of hearing. Faith may even come to you while you are reading this. And I will be honoured to see it grow in you.


So come again next week and I'll start feeding you some solid food. Food that will make you understand, grow and ultimately see Jesus in a whole different perspective. You cannot rush these things. We'll do it one step at a time as we face each challenge of the day together.


Special Note: On a special note, I thought I'd just explain why I call this blog superstar pastor. There are a few reasons why I do so, among them are: I think it is catchy, I think it is funny, because I can and you can't sue me, but mainly I did that to irk religious people. Religious people are a bunch of self-righteous idiots who think they are smart but is actually stupid. Oh what a perfect definition!


Liken to the teachers of the law, there are a lot of religious people in church today. These are the people who tell you the do's and dont's. They are the people who set their own man-made rules and regulations. They would tell you things like: you have to read 1 chapter of the bible a day, you cannot listen to worldly music, you cannot go to the movies because movies are from the devil, you have to wake up at 5am every day to pray, don't listen to the radio because it will distract you from God. Oh ye mother of all Bullshit!


Remember God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. Rules, regulations, laws and punishment had not, cannot and will not help you live a better life. Some churches and denominations require their pastor to have at least a thelogical degree. I do not agree with that, they ask me why? I simply answered "because Peter is a fisherman". Does that irk your freaking religious mind? If it does, it is time for change, and I am here to bring change. If you are willing, follow me in my teachings and I will reveal further how one can live the full Christian life that is simple, practical and absolutely not bonded but by any yoke of slavery. Peace brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment