Saturday, January 2, 2010

God Justifies The Ungodly




If you are a Christian, and you have always believed that your good works are all that matter and it is your key to enter heaven. You have wasted your entire Christian life believing in a myth. And obviously you have not studied the bible well. You are probably a half past six Christian who goes to church and listen to whatever your pastor say. You never check the bible for yourself, your foundation in the Word is shaky. To you my dear, a 15 minute conversation is all I need to collapse your entire Christian faith. But I have not come here to destroy, I've come here to teach, to preach and to ensure that your feet are grounded on solid rock and not sinking sand. So follow with me as I show you from the Word of God. Judge my word, check it with your bible and bring it to the test for I have come to reveal to you, nothing short of the truth and may the truth sets you free.


"To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Romans 4:5)


Are you surprised that there is such an expression in the Bible? I have heard men who hate the doctrines of the cross bring charge against God, that He saves wicked men and receives to Himself the sinners of sinners. The scriptures plainly states it "it is Him who justifieth the ungodly". He makes those who are unjust just. He forgives those who deserve no favor. Did you think that salvation was for the good and God's grace was for the pure and holy who are free from sin?


Perhaps you think that if you were excellent then God would reward you. Maybe you have thought that because you are not worthy, there could be no way for you to enjoy His favor. You must be somewhat surprise to read a text like this: "Him that justifieth the ungodly." I do not wonder at your surprise. For with all my familiarity with the great grace of God, I never ceased to wonder at it either.


We according to our natural reliance on good works for our salvation, are always talking about our own goodness and our own worthiness. We stubbornly believe that there must be something in us in order to win the notice of God. Now God who sees through all deceptions, knows that there is no goodness whatsoever in us. He says that "there is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10). He knows that "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). Therefore the Lord Jesus did not come into the world to look after goodness and righteousness with Him, but to bestow them upon persons who have none of them. He came, not because we are just, but to make us so; HE JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY.


Now, observe further that it must be so. The salvation of God is for those who do not deserve it and have no preparation for it. If any of you are perfectly righteous, you desire no justifying. In any case, I have no gospel to preach to the self-righteous, no, not a word. Jesus Christ Himself did not come to call the righteous, and I am not going to do what He did not do. Infinite wisdom never attempts that which is unnecessary.


To make him just who is just is no work for God. That is labor for a fool. But to make him who is unjust just, that is work for infinite love and mercy. To justify the ungodly is a miracle worthy of God, and it is.


"They who are whole have no need of a physician, but they that are sick" (Mark 2:17) In other words, only the sick needs a doctor. If you feel you are spiritually sick, the Physician has come into the world for you.


Pardon must be for the guilty just as forgiveness must be for the sinful. This is the reason you can be saved. Because you realize that you are a sinner. I would encourage you to believe that grace is ordained for such as you. It is true that Jesus seeks and saves that which is lost. He died and made a real atonement for real sinners. If you are undeserving, ill-deserving, hell-deserving, you are the sort of man for whom the Gospel is ordained and arranged and proclaimed. God justifies the ungodly.


The inn of mercy never closes its door on such, neither on weekdays nor on Sunday. Our Lord Jesus did not die for imaginary sins. His blood was spilled to wash out deep crimson stains which nothing else can remove. May I, therefore urge any who have no good thing about them - who feels there is nothing good in them, to firmly believe that our gracious God is able and willing to take them without any condition. He is willing to forgive them spontaneously, not because they are good but because He is good.


Come in your disorder. I mean, come to your heavenly Father in all your sin and sinfulness. Come to Jesus just as you are, leprous, filthy, naked, neither fit to live nor fit to die. Come, though you hardly dare to hope for anything but death. Come, though despair is brooding over you. Come and ask the Lord to justify another ungodly one. Why should He not? Come, for this great mercy of God is meant for such as you.


Special Note: Now if anyone of you would like to receive all that Jesus has done for you and make Him your Lord and Saviour, please say this prayer. Yes, you do not have to run into a church altar and knee before men to receive salvation. Right in this blog, this is valid. God hears you right now. If you are willing, pray this in your heart and you shall be saved.


Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me and dying for me on the cross. Your precious blood washes me clean of every sin. You are my Lord, my Saviour and my God, now and forever. I believe that You have rose from the dead and that You are alive today. God, You are my Father and I am Your child because of Jesus Christ. Thank you for filling my heart with your peace and joy in Jesus' name. Amen.


I welcome you to our family. And if I have a church I would invite you to my service. But I am in KL now and I do not have a permanent platform. If you are in Kuching, I am a member of SIB GRACE. But due to my unorthodox, unconventional and groundbreaking preaching style. Everything I say here does not represent SIB Grace. You have a problem, you come to me face to face. Few people had done so and those who did are still in therapy. God bless you richly! Enjoy your salvation and this is not it! There are more to come and I can only give praise to God. Get ready to count your blessings! All glory be to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment